Please see the descriptions below on the right side of screen “BY-LAW 4 Law Society of Upper Canada” showing area of practice for Paralegals
HLS can help you for below matters:
- Small Claims Courts,
- Landlord and Tenant Board,
- Human Rights Tribunal (Federal and Provincial),
- Debt Recovery from Small Claims Court decision,
- Judgement Enforcement,
- Traffic Tickets,
- Certify a true copy of original documents,
- Commission your documents and Affidavits,
- Legal Advice by Phone,
- Immigration and Refugee Board Tribunals,
- Other Provincial Offences like Municipality by Laws,etc.
- Criminal Summary Conviction Courts,
- Referral services by referring the Lawyers for you.
You may ask any time for services that is not on this list but HLS may provide for you by contacting HLS at (416) 271-4558 .
Activities authorized Class P1 (LICENCE TO PROVIDE LEGAL SERVICES)
(2) Subject to any terms, conditions, limitations or restrictions imposed on the class of licence or on the licensee and subject to any order made under the Act, a licensee who holds a Class P1 licence is authorized to do any of the following:
1. Give a party advice on his, her or its legal interests, rights or responsibilities with respect to a proceeding or the subject matter of a proceeding.
2. Represent a party before,
i. in the case of a proceeding in the Small Claims Court, before the Small Claims Court,
ii. in the case of a proceeding under the Provincial Offences Act, before the Ontario Court of Justice,
iii in the case of a proceeding under the Criminal Code, before a summary conviction court,
iv. In the case of a proceeding before a tribunal established under an Act of the Legislature of Ontario or under an Act of Parliament, before the tribunal, and
v. in the case of a proceeding before a person dealing with a claim or a matter related to a claim, before the person.
3. Anything mentioned in subsection 1 (7) of the Act, provided the activity is required by the rules of procedure governing a proceeding.
4. Select, draft, complete or revise, or assist in the selection, drafting, completion or revision of, a document for use in a proceeding.
5. Negotiate a party’s legal interests, rights or responsibilities with respect to a proceeding or the subject matter of a proceeding.
6. Select, draft, complete or revise, or assist in the selection, drafting, completion or revision of, a document that affects a party’s legal interests, rights or responsibilities with respect to a proceeding or the subject matter of a proceeding .